We congratulate and thank you for thoughtful decision to choose KBVTI for your computer Education. With Information Technology growing in leaps and bounds, Computer Education has become a key area for career development. As you are aware KBVTI is a Computer Education wing of KBVTI (Kampa Bhai Vocational Training Institute Ltd. ) an IS/ISO-9001:2008 certified company a Govt. of India Enterprise, under Ministry of Communication and Information Technology which aims to provide quality Education at reasonable fee structure. We hope you will make full use of facilities and skill offered by KBVTI to advance in your career. In order to become really effective and to reap full benefits of the training, certain rules are to be followed by every student of the Centre.
You are requested to read thorough the rules that follow and to strictly maintain these to upkeep your dignity and decorum of the Institution.
1. Admission to courses of KBVTI is based on the eligibility norms and on an aptitude test when applicable. However, eligibility is no guarantee for admission.
2. Admission granted to a particular student is non-transferable. Fee paid by the student is also non-refundable.
3. Students granted admission is required to produce Original Certificates for verification of their academic qualifications and proof of discount if any.
4. All students when admitted should submit 4 passport size color photographs, Xerox copies of certificates duly attested and a conduct certificate in original.
2. IDENTITY CARDS
1. All students shall be issued with identity cards, bearing their photographs and other relevant details. Students should carry this ID card always with them and should produce it when requested at the Centre.
2. Once an ID card is lost or misplaced a duplicate will be issued for which a written request together with a fee of Rs. 40/- is to be submitted.
3. Students are required to return their ID-Cards on completion of their courses.
3. TEACHING METHODOLOGY, ATTENDANCE & EXAMINATION
1. The medium of instruction for all courses shall be English. Theory classes/Laboratory exercises & tests/Class room exercises and tests/group tasks will form integral part of the training programme.
2. The minimum attendance for attending the examination is 85%. No break is allowed.
3. Examination fee per paper will be Rs. 150/-. A fee of Rs. 200/- is to be paid per paper for the subsequent.
4. Examinations are ONLINE for all courses.
5. Course material will be provided by centre.
4. GRADING PATTERN
1. 40% of the total marks in each of the subject to pass an examination and minimum 50% is required for certification. Grading shall be as detailed below :-
Minimum certification: 50%
50% to 59%: B Grade
60% to 69%: B + Grade
70% to 79%: A Grade
80% above: A + Grade
2. Final certificate will be issued by Head Office only after it verifies (and duly certified by the Centre) that the student has passed all the relevant examinations, has met the minimum requirements related to internal tests/evaluations & to attendance and has paid all dues.
1. The Library is equipped with books on relevant subjects. Magazines on related subjects are also available in library.
2. Students wishing to borrow should deposit a refundable caution deposit of Rs. 300/-. For which valid receipt shall be issued. Centre-in-charge will then issue a membership card for such students. One book at a time can be borrowed using the membership card. Borrowed books can be kept for a period of 1 week. Returning the book thereafter shall invite a fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
3. Caution deposit shall be repaid once the student surrenders the Membership Card, Receipt and return the book/s borrowed by him/her.
4. Students who return books in mutilated state will be required to pay the cost of the book or to replace the copy with a new one.
5. Duplicate Membership Card will be issued if the original card is lost or misplaced by paying Rs. 25/- together with a written request.
6. Use of printout, games, CD ROMs, internet time and e-mail facilities may be permitted against payment of appropriate fees, decided by Centre-in-charge.
6. FEES & SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
1. Fee for the courses can either be paid in Lump sum / limited / monthly installments as per the fee structure in force from time to time. Service tax has to be paid separately as per the current rate.
2. A percentage of fee concession / scholarship and seat reservation is given to eligible candidates as per KBVTI norms. For such claim, valid proof must be produced when seeking admission.
3. Installments’ of fees are to be paid on or before due date, failing which a penalty of Rs. 50/- for the first week and Rs. 20/- per day thereafter shall be levied. After a period of 2 weeks of non-payment the Centre Manager is at liberty to strike off the name of the student from the rolls.
4. From time to time the Centre Manager may announce Scholarship Schemes. Meritorious students based on an aptitude test shall get fee concession.
7. OTHER RELEVANT POINTS
1. Normally no break in studies is permitted during the tenure of a course. In special cases the Centre Manager may sanction, special leave upto 30 working days, on a written request citing valid reasons.
2. Students who take leave for more than two weeks without valid reason will be removed from the active roll register. They can seek Re-Admission only by paying Re-Admission fee of Rs. 500 and all other fee dues.
3. Generally, transfer from one Centre to another is not granted. However, under special circumstance a transfer can be granted with concurrence of KBVTI officer in charge in the region and Centre-in-charge. A transfer fee equivalent to 5% of the total course fee shall be charged by source centre for such transfers.
4. Downgrading of course is strictly not permitted
5. Upgrading of course is allowed. For example, a student pursuing 4 months course can upgrade to one-year course, so on.
6. Shifting from one batch to another is subject to availability of seats and to the discretion of Centre Manager.
7. Students who found undisciplined in Centre and not adhering to the rules and regulations are liable to expelled, without assigning any reason, whatsoever.
8. No outside floppies, CD ROMs, DVDs or cassettes are permitted in laboratories. Eatables and other outside material are not permitted in classrooms or labs.
9. Centre Manager is the sole authority on the matters of discipline and decorum and his decisions in the matter will be final and binding.
10. Mobile phones are strictly not allowed inside KBVTI Centre premises.
11. Students should claim their certificates within 3 months from completion.
12. If the students are having any complaints against the centre, they may contact the co-ordination office.